Kacie focuses her practice in the areas of business and tax, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, and franchising.
Business + Tax
Kacie lends legal counsel to businesses during all stages of the corporate life cycle, from incorporating new or expanded business entities to drafting and negotiating buy-sell agreements. Kacie is also experienced in drafting documents, including general contracts, assignments of interests, transfers of assets, operating agreements, partnership agreements, regulations, by-laws and much more.
Mergers + Acquisitions
Kacie advises clients on complex business transactions, including asset purchases, stock purchases, divestitures and reorganizations both in the U.S. and internationally.
Another aspect of Kacie’s practice is a focus on franchise issues for corporate clients. This area of her practice includes working closely with businesses in the development and tailoring of state and federal franchise disclosure documents, mediation of sensitive franchisee/franchisor relationships, and leading negotiations with current and potential franchisees looking to purchase a new franchise, expand an existing franchise portfolio, or negotiate a corporate buy-out.
Kacie’s global business experience includes forming joint ventures, commercial transactions, licensing, M+A, IP and structuring international tax issues.
Kacie also works to identify and protect clients’ intangible IP assets. She assists clients in safeguarding their domestic and international trademarks, copyrights, confidentiality agreements and other IP assets.
- Emerging Businesses
- Employee Relations
- Franchise + Distribution
- Gaming + Sports Betting
- Global Business
- IP Strategy + Consulting
- Medical Marijuana + Hemp
- Mergers + Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Capital University Law School (J.D., 2009)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 2006)
- ABA Forum on Franchising
- American Bar Association, member
- Bad Girl Ventures, Inc., Columbus Chapter, Selection Committee, member
- CBA Barrister Leadership Program, Class of 2012
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Selected to the Ohio Rising Star list by Super Lawyers, 2018
- “Legal Structuring for Entrepreneurs and Start-ups,” presented at Bad Girl Ventures’ Columbus Classroom Courses, October 2012 and March 2013