The attorneys in our emerging businesses practice represent startups and high-growth businesses in raising capital through a variety of means: private placements, angel or venture capital investments, leveraged debt and equity recapitalizations, and mezzanine and commercial bank financing.
We advise our clients on all aspects of the capital raise, including securities compliance and business and tax structuring matters. We also represent a number of capital providers, including angel investors, private equity firms, mezzanine funds, family funds and commercial banks; this means we understand the risks and rewards inherent to capital raises from every perspective.
Our specific services include:
- Comparative Analysis of Fundraising Alternatives
- Equity Raises (Private Placement)
- Friends + Family
- Private Equity
- Strategic Investors
- Debt Financing and Recapitalizations
- Company structuring: growth-company structuring (i.e. corporation vs. LLC); tax planning; maximizing flexibility for future fundraising
- Pre-fundraising strategy: grooming the company for a fundraiser; preparation for due diligence review
- Securities compliance: preparation of disclosure materials and applicable regulatory filings
- Structuring equity-based employee incentive plans
Our clients range from true “basement startups” to established businesses looking for capital to expand. From formation through growth, we offer representation to truly innovative companies, including:
- A leading provider of business intelligence solutions to health care companies and hospital systems
- One of the country's fastest-growing fast casual restaurant concepts
- An emerging tavern restaurant concept based in central Ohio
- A family-owned business providing white-label food options for retailers and caterers
- An innovative technology company offering technology- and social-based accessories in the health and wellness space
For more information on our expertise in counseling clients as they are funding business growth, please contact Todd M. Kegler or Steve Barsotti.