We represent property owners, developers and local governments on matters relating to the development and use of land. Common issues and interests include economic development tools and tax incentives, the purchase and sale of real estate, annexation, zoning, land use and development.

Led by Catherine Cunningham, a former village solicitor and city law director, our attorneys regularly lecture to local governments at events like the Ohio State Auditors’ Conference and the Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association. We meet with local government legislatures, administrators and local boards and commissions regarding land use law, administrative and legislative zoning, lot splitting, subdivisions and development matters.

Our Clients

Clients we assist with zoning, land use and development matters generally fall into the following three categories:

  • Property owners: assisting in the purchase and sale of real estate; annexation tax incentives; real property taxes and valuation (Board of Revision); legislative and administrative zoning matters; lot splits and subdivision of land; working with local governments and design and development professionals to develop land; representing property owners in all courts
  • Developers: working with developers, planners, engineers and other design professionals in all aspects of the acquisition, development and use of land from conception to completion; representing developers in all courts
  • Local governments: serving as special counsel on matters relating to the acquisition, development, annexation and use of land; maximizing economic development and tax incentives, such as tax increment financing (TIF), community reinvestment areas (CRA), enterprise zones, Joint Economic Development Districts (JEDD) and Zones (JEDZ); reviewing and amending zoning codes and resolutions; acting as special counsel to boards, commissions and legislative authorities in litigation

Contact Us

For more information on our zoning, land use and development services, please contact the following attorneys, depending on the area of expertise needed: