We regularly work with companies based in the U.S. and abroad in acquiring and selling assets and business units internationally. In these complex global deals, we act as creative planners, strong negotiators, thorough advisors and careful legal and tax planners. Our team helps clients choose the right legal structure for their cross-border acquisitions and mergers, and deal with issues involving organization, reorganization, and liquidation of companies and assets in that context.
- Strategic legal and tax planning: creating and maximizing growth opportunities for acquisition; creating a legal and tax infrastructure that supports cross-border commerce
- Due diligence: undertaking risk management analysis and legal and tax due diligence to facilitate effective acquisitions or dispositions
- Contract negotiations: negotiating key provisions involving change of control, third-party consents, representations, warranties and indemnification obligations
- Working capital adjustments
- Earn-out strategies
- Price allocations
- Valuation strategies
We work with global companies of all sizes, in particular those seeking to spur growth through strategic financial acquisitions. Our global team represents clients in a diverse range of industries, including manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, information technology services, marketing and communications, and many more. Our recent work highlights include representing:
- A publicly traded pharmaceutical company: assisted in a divestiture of its wholly owned subsidiary in an emerging-market country
- A publicly traded manufacturing company: assist with all acquisitions and divestitures around the world
- A mid-size engineering and services company: assisted in acquiring a majority stake in a target with a presence in India and an operational focus in the Asia-Pacific and Africa regions
For more information on our M+A services for truly global businesses, please contact Vinita Mehra.