David focuses his practice in the areas of global business, emerging business, and intellectual property. Before joining the firm in 2011, David lived in São Paulo Brazil and worked in a Brazilian law firm.
David brings cross-border experience to the firm and acts as counsel to businesses of all sizes – from solo entrepreneurs to large-scale multinational enterprises. David regularly counsels businesses in international acquisition transactions, cross-border joint ventures, global IP protection, technology licensing, supply and distribution, exporting, and regulatory compliance.
Startups + Growth
David represents a number of growth-stage companies with respect to day-to-day activities, structuring and negotiating capital formation transactions, and pre-fundraising strategy, which often includes grooming the company and its owners for structuring successful and legally sound capital raises from potential equity investors.
Mergers + Acquisitions
David advises domestic and international buyers and sellers in acquisition transactions, including mergers, asset purchases, stock purchases and reorganizations. He also assists in deal structuring and negotiation and regularly counsels clients on all legal aspects of business combinations.
David works with smart companies to commercialize their IP rights through negotiation of services agreements, technology licenses and joint venture agreements, and to safeguard their intellectual property interests through domestic and international trademarks, copyrights, and negotiation of confidentiality agreements.
- Banking + Lending
- Emerging Businesses
- Global Business
- IP Strategy + Consulting
- Mergers + Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- NCBFAA Educational Institute, Certified Export Specialist (CES, 2014)
- NCBFAA Educational Institute, Certified Customs Specialist (CCS, 2014)
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2010)
- The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business (M.B.A., 2011)
- Ohio University (B.S.S., 2003)
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Columbus Council on World Affairs, member (2008 – present)
- International Bar Association, Latin American Regional Forum Committee, member
- Miami Valley International Trade Association (MVITA), member
- National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America, Inc. (NCBFAA), member
- Ohio licensed REALTOR (inactive status)
- Ohio State Bar Association, International Law Committee, member
- Selected as an “Ohio Rising Star” by Law & Politics magazine
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- The Economic and Community Development Institute (ECDI), committee member (2010 – present)
- David M. Wilson worked as a legal associate for Santos e Furriela Advogados in São Paulo, Brazil, working with documents and matters both in English and Portuguese.
- While in Brazil, David efficiently and effectively assisted a Midwest biotech company in the creation of a wholly owned Brazilian subsidiary. This resulted in the company successfully entering the Brazilian market with full manufacturing and distribution capabilities.
- While at Kegler Brown, David advised a Brazilian retailer on global tax strategy.
- David played a key role in advising a publicly traded US company on an asset purchase in Mexico.
- Quickly rising to the rank of Staff Sergeant, SSG, in the United States Army Special Operations Command, Wilson served on more than 85 combat missions and completed more than 51 “Commander’s Emergency Response Programs” and projects. During his service in Afghanistan David received the Army Commendation Medal with Combat Distinguished “V” device for Valor.