Our work as general counsel to some of the most recognizable names in the digital industry has allowed us to stay on the cutting edge of technological developments in electronic and mobile marketing and commerce. We regularly advise service and technology businesses regarding legal compliance and best practices for the development and maintenance of e-commerce and mobile applications.
- Regulatory compliance: complex, evolving regulatory regimes, from PCI and platform compliance (e.g. Facebook, Apple, Android) to domestic and global privacy and data compliance; HIPAA and HITECH compliance
- Best practices: on all legislative and regulatory trends
- Website/app privacy policies
- Subscription/service agreements/SLAs: subscription and service agreements for SaaS to ensure ownership and rights to use of data are properly documented
- Partner ecosystems development: negotiation of joint development; co-marketing agreements with third-party platforms; technology vendors
Primarily, we serve the developers creating the platforms/apps and the companies building new business models through the use of hosted services and new technologies. We have represented clients including Resource, Healthcare Data Works, inVentiv Health and Perfect Practice in harnessing new technology platforms to create and capture market opportunities.
Our key client types include:
- App developers: companies engaged to develop mobile applications and other hosted services
- Digital marketing agencies: platform or app development
- Platform or app-based businesses
- Service industries
For more information on our electronic and mobile commerce services, please contact Steve Barsotti or David M. Wilson.