Cody focuses his practice in the areas of corporate law, emerging businesses and mergers and acquisitions. He joined Kegler Brown in 2019 after clerking for the firm as a law school summer associate.
Corporate Law and M+A
Cody provides counsel to businesses and entrepreneurs during every stage of the business life cycle, from entity formation to succession planning. He assists in M+A due diligence, filings and exceptions, and securities planning. He also advises on real estate purchase agreements and issues related to zoning and annexations by researching code provisions and working with local authorities. As part of his business practice, Cody works with our Franchising + Distribution practice, researching franchise law and helping clients with state-by-state compliance regulations. He also works with our Global Business practice, providing guidance on international regulations for companies looking to organize and grow both in the U.S. and abroad.
Cody enjoys the opportunity to work with emerging businesses, especially family-owned businesses, helping them with registration and filing to start a business, and guiding them through the legal issues related to formation, startup, growth, franchising, finance, and sale. He also assists clients with succession planning, helping to make sure what they worked hard to earn is distributed when and where they want.
- Emerging Businesses
- Estate Planning + Business Succession
- Franchise + Distribution
- Gaming + Sports Betting
- IP Strategy + Consulting
- Mergers + Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., 2019)
- Summa cum laude
- University of Dayton Law Review, business editor
- The Ohio State University (B.S., 2016)
- Summa cum laude
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- American Bar Association, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Graduated first in his class from the University of Dayton School of Law in 2019
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Open Door Columbus (Columbus Center for Human Services), board of directors