As the foremost Gaming law firm in Ohio, Kegler Brown has a history of counseling clients through the licensing process at the Ohio Casino Control Commission, and we are able to draw upon that experience to guide fantasy sports betting clients through their own licensure. Both fantasy contest operators and management companies have unique needs, and as a full service law firm we stand ready to meet our clients’ needs at every level.
- Licensing: guiding our clients through obtaining, completing, submitting, and renewing licenses
- Defense: advocating for our clients in hearings on denied or revoked licenses
- Legislative Advocacy: representing clients before legislative and agency committees; enabling and providing the opportunity for our clients to influence public policy
- Regulatory Monitoring: tracking and monitoring legislation and regulations affecting the industry and licensees or potential licensees; providing input on rulemaking
- Monitoring Regulatory Approval Status: tracking and reporting on client applications to achieve timely approval
- General Business Counsel: helping to optimize clients’ business structures in order to operate within the gaming industry; providing a full suite of business services, including intellectual property protection
We offer guidance to individuals or companies seeking to create a fantasy sports business or invest in an existing fantasy sports business, and advise local businesses, regional companies, and operations with a national presence on issues related to compliance in Ohio.
We have represented national gaming suppliers who manufacture casino and gaming equipment, including some of the gaming industry's most high-profile companies. We also provide counsel to investment holders seeking to invest in a gaming businesses and become licensed as holding companies.