Feheley practices primarily in the employment law area, representing management in all aspects of employee relations law; he also regularly represents clients in workers’ compensation matters. He has been with the firm since 2005.
Labor + Employee Relations
Brendan advises clients regarding personnel issues, including hiring and firing lawfully, FMLA compliance, drug and alcohol testing, Fair Labor Standards Act compliance, and government contracting. He also has experience in the development and preparation of employment agreements, employee handbooks, confidentiality and non-compete agreements, affirmative action plans, separation agreements and releases, and independent contractor agreements. Additionally, Brendan represents clients in initiating non-compete and trade secret litigation and in responding to EEOC, OCRC and state agency discrimination charges.
Another aspect of Brendan’s practice is the representation of management as it relates to union-related issues. He is experienced in matters regarding structuring responses to union organizational attempts, collective bargaining negotiations, grievances, arbitration and more.
Brendan also assists Ohio employers with all aspects of workers’ compensation defense and represents them at administrative hearings. He defends employers in workers’ compensation matters in the courts of common pleas throughout Ohio, as well as in the Ohio courts of appeal and Ohio Supreme Court.
- Emerging Businesses
- Employee Relations
- Global Business
- Government Affairs
- Health Care
- IP Strategy + Consulting
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Cornell University (B.S., 2002)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Listed as an Up + Coming Attorney for Labor + Employment by Chambers USA, 2015-2018
- Selected to the Ohio Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers
- Successfully defended companies before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Occupational Health & Safety Administration
- Successfully enforced client’s non-competition agreement against former employee
- Has given speeches and presentations on numerous employment-related topics, including sexual harassment, training, privacy in the workplace, and the FMLA
- Served as a specialist in the human resources department at Chemical Abstracts Services in Columbus, Ohio, from 2000 to 2004