We represent clients nationally in the defense, prosecution and enforcement of their various intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. Our IP litigation team also provides domestic support in international cases involving intellectual property.
Our team maintains broad experience in inter partes proceedings in front of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB), the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and has litigation experience in the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.
We represent clients in all areas of IP litigation, including:
- Patent infringement: enforcing our clients’ patent rights that have been infringed upon; defending against the threat of patent infringement, including those brought by patent trolls
- Brand protection and investigations
- Trademark and copyright infringement
- Inter partes trademark matters: representing clients in trademark opposition proceedings, cancellation proceedings and concurrent use proceedings
- Misappropriation of trade secrets: both prosecuting and defending against such claims
- Patent re-examination: initiating re-examination proceedings with respect to patents being enforced against our clients, including a track record of successfully petitioning the USPTO on behalf of our clients in numerous proceedings
- Domain name disputes: ICANN proceedings; resolving disputes that arise from domain squatting
We represent a wide array of clients, from middle market businesses and publicly traded companies to entrepreneurs and inventors. Our attorneys litigate IP issues domestically and internationally for businesses from a diverse range of industries, including universities, manufacturers, software and IT businesses, retailers, and more. The IP litigation work at Kegler Brown is also highlighted by our representation of several of the largest communications companies throughout Ohio and across the country, addressing issues specific to advertising and marketing.
For more information on our IP, trademark and patent litigation services, please contact Robert G. Schuler or Jeff Nein.