Working with private and public companies based both in the United States and abroad, we assist our clients with the complexities of responding to and defending governmental investigations involving criminal, civil and regulatory compliance matters.
Our attorneys have significant governmental, regulatory, investigatory and prosecutorial experience, which is combined with our litigation and business resources and practices. This unique skill set and multidisciplinary background enables us to defend and guide our clients, of all sizes, through the complexities of a governmental or internal investigation.
We assist our clients in responding to and defending governmental investigations of criminal, civil and regulatory matters, and in leading and conducting internal investigations, including domestic and international internal investigations of possible non-compliance. Our representations have included investigations by the Department of Justice, the Department of Transportation, the Inspector General’s Office of various governmental entities, including military government contracting, as well as various state-level enforcement authorities, including attorneys general throughout the country.
Our clients include private and publicly held companies, including domestic and international companies operating in complex regulatory environments around the world.
Kegler Brown has specific expertise in the representation of clients in many industries, including manufacturing, commodity pricing, construction and road-building, health care, government contracting, hazardous materials transportation, nursing homes, and consumer retail. Notable representations include:
- Representation of health care marketing and consulting companies in connection with various grand jury investigations involving off-label marketing of pharmaceuticals
- Representation of a cable television provider with respect to consumer advertising
- Representation of a national automotive warranty provider in connection with a state attorney general’s investigation regarding consumer complaints
- Representation of various companies in connection with governmental bid-rigging and price-fixing investigations, including companies in the dairy business, the road-building business, the nursing home business, the cable television and internet services business, the chemical business, and the computer services business
- Representation of a managerial executive with the nation’s largest air cargo carrier in connection with a governmental investigation regarding the transportation of hazardous air cargo triggered by a whistleblower
- Representation of a law firm in connection with a governmental investigation regarding the alleged theft of trade secrets
- Representation of a national health care provider executive in a multi-district fraud investigation by the Department of Justice
Our team has also recently conducted internal corporate investigations of potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and related domestic and foreign anti-corruption laws by foreign affiliates of a domestic corporation.