Our attorneys have experience guiding individuals and businesses, including non-profit organizations, through every level of local and state taxation – from registration to compliance to controversy.
- Real property tax: provide representation before boards of revisions, the Board of Tax Appeals, Ohio courts, in the filing of real property tax exemption applications, and in exemption disputes
- Sales and use tax: offer counsel regarding transaction structuring, exemption applications, nexus issues, state registration, tax compliance, and sales and use tax controversy
- Municipal income tax: advocating for standardization of municipal taxes across Ohio
- Commercial activity tax (CAT): achieve qualified distribution center certification; remain in compliance with CAT guidelines; offer assistance with exemption issues
- Ohio income tax: work with businesses and their owners in resolving tax controversies minimizing tax liabilities, and in planning, establishing and changing residencies
- Employer tax withholding: ensure our clients operate within state requirements; representation when tax disputes arise
Our clients include every type of local and state taxpayer.
- Businessess: from startups to established businesses in Ohio, as well as those moving to or expanding in Ohio
- National and multinational businesses of all sizes
- State and local governments
- Non-profit organizations
For more information on our local and state tax services, please contact Catherine A. Cunningham.