2020 Election Guide
Kegler Brown Government Affairs Update October 5, 2020
As political campaigns fill airwaves and mailboxes touting the reasons you should select them for office, the Kegler Brown Hill + Ritter Government Affairs team has pulled together this “2020 Election Guide” to help you wade through the clutter.
Here are your critical dates:
- General election voter registration deadline: Monday, Oct. 5, 2020
- Early voting and mail-in voting begins: Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2020
- Deadline to request absentee ballot: Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020
- Early voting and mail-in voting ends: Monday, Nov. 2, 2020
- General election: Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020
While all elections are important, those in presidential election years are especially so. On or before November 3, you will be asked to select the president of the United States, choose your congressional representative (all of Ohio’s 16 seats are up for grabs), all 99 members of the Ohio House of Representatives, half of the Ohio Senate (16 seats), two Ohio Supreme Court judges, and make decisions on many other local issues and candidates.
The “2020 Election Guide” contains:
- A complete list of candidates running against each other
- Links to the candidates’ websites so you can see where they stand on issues, and
- Endorsement/Recognition of the candidates by several business and professional trade associations, as well as labor associations.
Kegler Brown does not make any candidate endorsements. The "2020 Election Guide" is for informational purposes only, and its focus on business may not reflect endorsements candidates have received from groups and organizations in other areas.
We encourage you to contact the organizations referenced within for more information and to visit each candidate’s website for more information on their specific stances and further endorsements.
Please feel free to share this information with your management team and employees, as well as your friends and family, so everyone can be an educated voter for the November election.