Originally founded fifty years ago as an oil and gas firm, we have since grown into a full-service provider for a myriad of clients – but we’ve never strayed from our roots. Today we provide comprehensive counsel to oil and gas producers, drillers, ancillary service providers and mid-stream oil and natural gas liquids pipeline operators.
Our experience and expertise in matters concerning state agencies, contractual counter-parties and adversaries in litigation is far-reaching. Lawyers at the firm have presented and been published on a variety of issues and many of our attorneys have received “AV” ratings – the highest ranking available – in Martindale Hubbell’s Peer Review Ratings, in addition to their selection to The Best Lawyers in America and Ohio Super Lawyers.
- Litigation prosecution and defense: provide risk/opportunity assessment; trial representation; appellate counsel with experience in litigation specific to the industry
- Oil and gas title: provide comprehensive title review services for assessment and analysis of mineral rights ownership; drafting drill site title opinions
- Contractual agreements: drafting and reviewing oil and gas leases and amendments; joint operating agreements; water use agreements; pipeline right of way agreements; master service agreements (MSAs); road use maintenance agreements; real estate documents; transactional documents
- Operational management: provide unique and innovative mechanisms to manage ongoing operations and legal data
- Permits and reporting: guidance through permit process (production wells, Class II injection wells, brine transport); including representation in administrative hearings and defense of enforcement actions
- Governmental affairs: drafting of legislation; participation in committee hearings; administrative rule-making
As a business-focused firm with a broad suite of corporate services, we most typically serve as counsel to the gas and oil extraction and production community and to mid-stream pipeline operators, processors and marketers of natural gas liquids and oil produced in the Utica Shale region of eastern Ohio. Our clients include corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs), and sole proprietorships that are local, regional and national in scope – but all have Ohio operations.
For more information on our energy services for unregulated industries, please contact John Brody.