2023 Ethics Symposium at the CBA
Kegler Brown’s annual seminar on professional responsibility will take place in-person and virtually through the Columbus Bar Association on Friday, November 17. Join us, starting at 9:00 a.m., for this well-regarded half-day seminar with timely information regarding ethics and professionalism.
This seminar is approved for 3 Professional Conduct CLE Credits.
Presented by Chris Weber
- Professionalism: Elevating the Legal Profession: In this session, Chris will discuss mastering the art of professionalism, including tips to maintain civility and achieve the highest standards of integrity in the legal profession.
- Calming the Waters: Dealing with Difficult Representations: Chris will provide effective approaches for dealing with difficult representations, including what and how to communicate with clients and opposing counsel.
- Attorney Departures: Making the Transition Seamless: In this session, Chris will discuss how to smooth the transition for attorneys switching firms, including reviewing the ethical obligations owed by the departing attorney and the firm.
Presented by Nicholas S. Bobb
- In the Know: Staying Updated on Recent Advisory Opinion + Attorney Discipline Developments: In this session, Nick will cover the most important recent developments and discuss new advisory opinions published in 2023 from Ohio’s Board of Professional Conduct.
- AI Adoption with Caution: Mitigating Risks + Ensuring Ethical Practice for Attorneys: AI is changing and being implemented at breakneck speed. In this session, Nick will cover recent use-cases for AI in the law and the ethical implications when using AI goes awry.
- Columbus Bar Association (Associate Members): $105 prepaid/$120 day of
- Columbus Bar Association (Attorney Members): $135 prepaid/$150 day of
- Non-Members: $185 prepaid/$200 day of
In order to register, you must log into the CBA's website (upper right hand corner of their main page at cbalaw.org). If you forget your login credentials, you should be able to enter your e-mail and then be directed to change your password.
Please Note: This seminar will be held on Zoom and in-person at the CBA - you choose the format you'd prefer. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from the CBA and an email from Zoom containing information about joining the class (even if you chose to attend in-person). If you are attending via Zoom, you must use your unique link from Zoom in order to receive CLE credit. If you have any problems, please call Stacey McKenna with the CBA at (614) 340-2051.
Columbus Bar Association
230 West Street, Suite 100
Columbus, OH 43215