Jeff’s legal work focuses primarily in the areas of business and corporate law and real estate law. With his Master of Taxation Law degree, he is uniquely qualified to counsel clients on corporate tax issues. Prior to joining Kegler Brown in 2008, Jeff was a partner at Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP.
Jeff is also experienced in all phases of real estate acquisition, development and sale, including the financing and related loan documentation for real estate transactions. He has done extensive work in real estate lease transactions, including the review, preparation and negotiation of leases for both landlords and tenants.
Wireless Telecommunications Leasing
Jeff's primary area of focus is commercial real estate. Specifically, Jeff has extensive experience in commercial lease transactions, representing national, regional and local landlords and tenants in a variety of leases, including cell tower, retail, office and industrial. Through the firm’s long-standing representation of one of the nation’s largest wireless telecommunications companies, Jeff has gained extensive experience and expertise in cell tower leasing transactions including reviewing, drafting and negotiating cell tower leases and a multitude of related wireless telecommunications agreements.
Business + Corporate
Jeff maintains a general corporate and business practice with a focus on privately held businesses. He currently serves as counsel to privately held corporations, limited liability companies and other business organizations in a variety of fields. Jeff is experienced in structuring and negotiating business transactions, including the formation, sale, merger and acquisition of companies.
Another aspect of Jeff’s practice is his focus on taxation issues affecting individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations. His taxation practice includes transactional planning involving formation, acquisitions and dispositions. His representative clients include both individuals and businesses in tax controversy matters before the Internal Revenue Service and Ohio Department of Taxation.
- Banking + Lending
- Emerging Businesses
- Mergers + Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Capital University Law School (LL.M., 2002)
- Capital University Law School (J.D., 1995)
- John Carroll University (B.A., 1992)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Tax Court
- Columbus Bar Association, Business Tax Committee and Real Property Committee, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section, member
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 2005
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- Columbus Business First, Forty Under 40 Award, 2005
- Selected to the Ohio Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers, 2005-2007
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Arthritis Foundation, Central Ohio Chapter, Board of Directors, member
- Central Ohio Diabetes Association, Camp Due Diligence Committee, member
- “Asset Protection Strategies,” lecturer, 2003
- “Choice of Business Entity in Ohio: How to Do It Right,” lecturer, National Business Institute, 2002 and 2003
- “LLCs and LLPs for the Ohio Paralegal,” lecturer, Institute of Paralegal Education, 2001