Michelle works in the firm’s Estate Planning + Probate practice area, assisting clients on wealth transfer, estate administration and tax planning. She also advises professional athletes and coaches on their complex business and personal needs. She has been with the firm since 2008.
Michelle assists high net worth families in the planning and implementation of a variety of strategies with their goals in mind, including estate and income tax planning, asset protection, charitable giving and special needs planning. She is experienced in a wide range of estate and gift planning techniques and focuses on maximizing potential tax savings while customizing personalized plans for each client’s unique circumstances.
Michelle also offers a pro bono suite of services for breast cancer survivors and their families; learn more about this program at keglerbrown.com/survivors.
Estate + Trust Administration
Michelle has represented trustees and executors of estates, assisting them in the proper implementation of a decedent’s estate plan and effective discharge of their fiduciary duties. She is experienced in the preparation of state and federal estate and fiduciary income tax returns. Michelle also works closely with surviving heirs and beneficiaries to help them navigate the complexities of probate administration, beneficiary claims and title transfers.
Michelle serves as chair of the firm’s Sports practice area. Michelle takes a team approach to advising collegiate coaches, as well as professional athletes and coaches in the National Football League, Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association and National Hockey League. Whether their legal needs relate to estate planning, contract drafting and analysis, litigation, breach of contract, employment agreements, startup businesses, investment agreements or trademark and licensing issues, Michelle’s understanding of the unique and public lives of athletes and coaches helps her to effectively counsel on the issues that matter most to them.
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® (2016)
- University of San Diego School of Law (LL.M., 2004)
- University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law (J.D., 2003)
- California State University, Sacramento (B.S., 1998)
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Central Ohio, member
- California Bar Association, member
- Columbus Bar Association, Ethics Committee, past member
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association, member
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County, member
- Received The Quiet Rotarian Award from the East Sacramento Rotary Club in 2007
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Greater Columbus Sports Commission, Board Member, Past Member
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Columbus, Board of Directors, Past Member
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Columbus, Komen Young Professionals, Past Chair
- Young Professional Leaders Roundtable, Inaugural Member