Tim has established himself as a pre-eminent trial lawyer and mediator. He has 30 years of experience as a trial lawyer handling a wide variety of complex litigation, including serious personal injuries (including wrongful death, traumatic brain injury, and birth trauma), insurance coverage and bad faith claims, aviation disasters, business disputes, employment, OSHA, products liability, and professional negligence. Tim is a former Chairman of the Negligence Law Committee of the Columbus Bar Association and has served as a Member of the firm’s Executive Committee since 2008.
Tim’s litigation experience includes both trial and appellate work. He has tried dozens of cases to verdict, resulting in numerous multi-million dollar jury awards. Besides Ohio, Tim has handled complex litigation matters throughout North America, including Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Iowa, Nevada, Toronto, and Montreal.
Tim has handled a high volume of complex, personal injury cases from both the defense and plaintiff’s prospective. In addition to his plaintiff’s practice, Tim is former counsel to a major hospital and has done extensive work for insurance companies. This experience gives him a unique insight when mediating cases, as he understands the issues and risks on both sides. His experience, reputation as a litigator, and unique perspective make him ideally qualified to mediate cases. Tim is certified by the Institute for Conflict Management, LLC.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1989)
- College of Wooster (B.S., 1985)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association, member
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- The Best Lawyers in America® (2010-2021) – recognized as Top Litigator; limited to the top 5% of practicing attorneys in the United States
- Ohio Super Lawyer (2004-2021) – top 5% of Ohio attorneys
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – one of the most prestigious group of trial lawyers in the United States, membership is limited to attorneys who have won multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys for Ohio – based on years of exceptional advocacy, ethical standards, and legal accomplishments
- Martindale-Hubbell Pre-Eminent AV Rating – highest possible rating for legal ability and ethical standards
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Netcare Access, Board of Directors, Member
- Welcome Warehouse, Board of Directors, Former Member
- “Deposition Strategies: Do’s and Don’t’s,” Columbus Bar Association Litigation Management Series
- “Judgment and Post-Judgment Procedures,” Columbus Bar Association Litigation Management Series
- “Uninsured Motorist Coverage: How did we get here?” Greater Cincinnati Insurance Education Day
- “The Art of Cross-Examination,” Ohio Attorney General Trial Series
- “Preparing for Deposition,” Ohio State University Medical Center Education Day
- Selected as member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Past Chairman of the Columbus Bar Association Negligence Law Committee
- Has received numerous multi-million dollar jury verdicts