Tim’s practice focuses primarily on estate, elder, and probate matters, as he works in the firm’s Estate Planning + Probate practice area, assisting clients on wealth transfer, estate administration and tax planning issues.
Tim assists high net worth families in the planning and implementation of a variety of strategies with their goals in mind, including estate and income tax planning, asset protection, charitable giving and special needs planning. He is experienced in drafting complex estate plans for sophisticated individuals with taxable or complicated estates.
Probate + Trust Administration
Tim represents trustees and executors of estates, assisting them in the proper implementation of a decedent’s estate plan and effective discharge of their fiduciary duties, and representing them throughout the litigation of contested probate matters, including will contests, claims concerning breach of fiduciary duty, disputes concerning asset distribution, and creditor claims. Tim also works closely with surviving heirs and beneficiaries to help them navigate the complexities of probate administration, beneficiary claims, title transfers and estate recovery strategies, and is experienced in the preparation of state and federal estate and fiduciary income tax returns.
- University of Dayton Law School (J.D., 2009)
- Cedarville University (B.A., 2005)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- 2014 Young Professional of the Year, Evergreen Area Chamber of Commerce
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Forest Heights Lodge, Board of Directors, member (2016-2019)
- Evergreen Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, member (2014-2018)
- James Irwin Charter School, Governing Board of Directors, member (2015-2017)
- Blue Spruce Kiwanis, volunteer (2015-2017)
- Foothills Young Professionals, co-chair (2014-2015)