Reitz, chair of the firm’s Probate practice area, joined the firm in 1998 and focuses his practice on estate planning, trust/estate administration and fiduciary litigation.
Mark assists clients in the development and implementation of a wide variety of estate plans. He has experience in tax, probate avoidance and asset protection planning strategies. Additionally, Mark advises clients in choice of entity matters, including the creation and management of LLCs and family limited partnerships .
Probate + Trust Administration
Mark frequently represents fiduciaries in all aspects of probate administration (estates and trusts) and serves as a fiduciary in trust and estate matters; he also regularly represents trustees in non-probate administration (trust) matters. Mark also has extensive experience in the preparation of all necessary state and federal tax returns (estate tax, gift tax and fiduciary income tax) and represents fiduciaries before various tax authorities.
- Capital University Law School (J.D., 1996)
- Franklin University (B.A., 1990)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Tax Court
- Columbus Bar Association, Probate Court Committee, chair
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating of AV
- Selected to the Ohio Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Clintonville Area Chamber of Commerce, member
- Columbus Estate Planning Council Group, member
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Black Tie Benefit, Planning Board, member
- Professional Council of The Columbus Foundation, member
- Upper Arlington Civic Association, Board of Directors, treasurer
- Worthington Estate Planning Council, member
- Served as law clerk and magistrate to the Honorable Lawrence A. Belskis, Franklin County Probate Court