COVID-19 Resource Center
March 30, 2020
To Our Clients + Friends:
Our message to you is simple: as we closely monitor the COVID-19 situation, we remain fully operational and expect no disruption in our ability to provide efficient high-level service to our clients. Consistent with our core values, “We’re On It.” Kegler Brown has long been able to serve clients while its attorneys and paralegals work remotely, and we are fully prepared to continue doing so while observing the recommended social distancing procedures.
We have been working closely with clients for weeks to help them find solutions to the challenges caused by this global health crisis, including workforce and employment issues, financial restructuring, insurance and contract uncertainties, supply chain disruption and government-mandated shutdowns.
Our remote work strategy includes keeping our physical office open and staffed with essential on-site personnel, while closely observing all CDC protocols to protect our workforce and visitors to curtail the spread of COVID-19. We are here for you, and we will continue to reach out proactively to help you find solutions in this complex environment.
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:00 p.m., join advisors from BDO, Kegler Brown + Hylant for a free-to-attend, COVID-19 virtual town hall that will give updates on the Ohio business community, advise on practical strategies to preserve cash flow, perspectives on legal, accounting and insurance issues + a Q&A to help businesses answer difficult questions.
Make sure to
RSVP by contacting
Lindsey Dilsaver, (614) 462-5481.
Listen to Previous Recordings:
Employment + Workforce Considerations
- March 26: 2 Ways Ohio is Lessening the Burden on Employers During COVID-19
- March 26: DOL Issues New Notice Poster for Employers to Share
- March 22: Employer’s Guide to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- March 20: Employer Guidance on the Coronavirus Stimulus Bill: Mandatory Paid Leave
- March 20: Employer’s Guide to Coronavirus — Part II
- March 19: 5 Practical Tips for Balancing Remote Access + Privacy in a Pandemic
- March 19: Answers to Unemployment Questions Raised by COVID-19
- March 16: Q+A Coronavirus Update for Employers
- March 13: Employer’s Guide to Coronavirus — Part I
- March 12: Preparing for + Reacting to COVID-19 in the Workplace
Business Strategy + Supply Chain Considerations
- March 27: What U.S. Businesses with India Operations Need to Know about Modi’s Shutdown
- March 27: Crisis Demands Creativity in M+A
- March 27: Cash Access Strategies for Ohio’s Small Businesses
- March 25: Still Open? How to Determine Whether You Qualify as an “Essential Business”
- March 24: How Does Ohio’s Stay-at-Home Order Impact Your Business?
- March 20: Ignoring the ODH Order: A Warning for Bar + Restaurant Owners
- March 20: Insurance Coverage Claims in the Age of COVID-19: Don’t Wait
- March 19: 5 Questions You Should Be Asking About Your Global Operations Right Now
- March 17: Understand Your Cash Flow + Financial Options to Survive COVID-19
- March 16: Four Recommendations for Businesses Considering the Delivery Option for Beer, Liquor + Wine
- March 15: Key Questions About Coronavirus Implications for Retail Businesses
- March 13: India Issues Travel + Visa Restrictions Related to COVID-19
- March 13: Can Coronavirus Get You Out of Your Contract?
Construction + Development Considerations
Key Contact: Don Gregory
- March 22: Ohio’s Stay-at-Home Order Spares Construction Industry, For Now
- March 20: Can you Recover Compensation for Coronavirus Delay?
- March 9: Coronavirus + Excusable Delay
Regulatory Updates + Enforcement
- March 27: Medical Marijuana + Telehealth: Best Practices During the Pandemic
- March 25: A Plan to Prepare Ohio for COVID-19’s Impending Effect on the Funeral Industry
- March 20: Key Requirements for Health Care Providers Practicing Telemedicine
- March 19: 2 Remote Processing Questions for Pharmacies Responding to COVID-19