COVID-19 Resource Center
July 31, 2020
To Our Clients + Friends:
Our message to you is simple: as we closely monitor the COVID-19 situation, we remain fully operational and expect no disruption in our ability to provide efficient high-level service to our clients. Consistent with our core values, “We’re On It.” Kegler Brown has long been able to serve clients while its attorneys and paralegals work remotely, and we are fully prepared to continue doing so while observing the recommended social distancing procedures.
We have been working closely with clients for weeks to help them find solutions to the challenges caused by this global health crisis, including workforce and employment issues, financial restructuring, insurance and contract uncertainties, supply chain disruption and government-mandated shutdowns.
Our remote work strategy includes keeping our physical office open and staffed with essential on-site personnel, while closely observing all CDC protocols to protect our workforce and visitors to curtail the spread of COVID-19. We are here for you, and we will continue to reach out proactively to help you find solutions in this complex environment.
Advisors from BDO, Kegler Brown, Hylant + First Financial Bank hosted a series of COVID-19 virtual town halls that gave updates on the Ohio business community, advised on practical strategies to preserve cash flow, gave perspectives on legal, accounting and insurance issues and a Q+A to help businesses answer difficult questions.
Listen to Previous Recordings:
- Thursday, August 6, 2020
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020
- Thursday, May 28, 2020
- Thursday, May 21, 2020
- Thursday, May 14, 2020
- Thursday, May 7, 2020
- Thursday, April 30, 2020
- Thursday, April 23, 2020
- Thursday, April 16, 2020
- Thursday, April 9, 2020
- Tuesday, April 7, 2020
- Thursday, April 2, 2020
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020
- Thursday, March 26, 2020
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Employment + Workforce Considerations
- July 24: Ohio’s COVID-19 Updates for Employers
- July 23: COVID-19 Reporting: What Should You Include on Your OSHA 300 Logs?
- June 22: Employees Who Refuse to Return Now Risk Losing UI Benefits
- May 28: Employer's Guide to Coronavirus — Part VII
- May 8: Employer's Guide to Coronavirus — Part VI
- April 28: Workforce Strategies: PPP Forgiveness + Re-Opening
- April 27: Employer’s Guide to Coronavirus — Part V
- April 21: Employer's Guide to Phase 1 of the Re-Opening
- April 16: Employer’s Guide to Coronavirus — Part IV
- April 15: Ohio Industrial Commission Votes Unanimously on Two Key Issues
- April 8: DeWine Announces $1.6B BWC Premium Dividend + OIC Issues New Hearing Guidelines
- April 2: The DOL Issues Guidance on 5 Key FFCRA Questions for Employers
- April 1: Employer's Guide to Coronavirus — Part III
- March 30: Employer’s Guide to the New CARES Act
- March 30: What Employers Need to Know About New DOL Regulations for the FFCRA
- March 26: 2 Ways Ohio is Lessening the Burden on Employers During COVID-19
- March 26: DOL Issues New Notice Poster for Employers to Share
- March 22: Employer’s Guide to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- March 20: Employer Guidance on the Coronavirus Stimulus Bill: Mandatory Paid Leave
- March 20: Employer’s Guide to Coronavirus — Part II
- March 19: 5 Practical Tips for Balancing Remote Access + Privacy in a Pandemic
- March 19: Answers to Unemployment Questions Raised by COVID-19
- March 16: Q+A Coronavirus Update for Employers
- March 13: Employer’s Guide to Coronavirus — Part I
- March 12: Preparing for + Reacting to COVID-19 in the Workplace
Business Strategy + Supply Chain Considerations
- August 7: What is the Verdict on Virtual Mediations?
- August 6: Latest PPP Guidance Provides More Pieces to the PPP Puzzle
- July 6: How Businesses Can Enforce the New Columbus Face Mask Order Effectively
- June 10: The 10 Most Important Developments in the New “PPP Flexibility Act"
- June 5: Opportunity Zone Investors get COVID-19 Relief from the IRS
- May 29: Three Steps for Bars + Restaurants to Protect their Licenses/Permits during Re-Opening
- May 29: New SBA Forgiveness Guidance Offers Clarity + Comfort for Borrowers
- May 22: I'm Still Standing. Now What?
- May 21: What We Know (and Don’t) About the New PPP Forgiveness Application
- May 13: New PPP Guidance Offers $2M Safe Harbor + Reduces Penalties
- May 13: 7 Important PPP Questions Answered
- May 12: Division of Liquor Control Offers $500 Rebates to Permit Holders
- May 5: Acquisition Strategy + “Main Street” Lending: Key Considerations
- May 1: Technology Procurement in the Face of COVID-19: 4 Recommendations to Avoid Pitfalls in the Haste for Tech
- April 28: Ohio Extends Liquor License Renewal Deadline Indefinitely
- April 24: The Post-Pandemic Future for M+A Activity
- April 21: Strategies to Maximize Your PPP Loan Funds + Forgiveness
- April 21: PPP + EIDL Eligibility for Foreign-Owned U.S. Businesses
- April 20: How to Push Lawsuits Toward Resolution during the Pandemic
- April 15: India Extends Nationwide Shutdown through May 3
- April 10: How to Compare and Combine the PPP and EIDL for Small Businesses
- April 8: Emergency Rule Authorizes Sale of Liquor for Take-Out and Delivery
- April 8: Bars + Restaurants NOT Required to Transfer Liquor Permits During State of Emergency
- April 2: Are Ohio’s Commercial Landlords and Lenders Now Required to Give a 90-day Reprieve?
- March 27: What U.S. Businesses with India Operations Need to Know about Modi’s Shutdown
- March 27: Crisis Demands Creativity in M+A
- March 27: Cash Access Strategies for Ohio’s Small Businesses
- March 25: Still Open? How to Determine Whether You Qualify as an “Essential Business”
- March 24: How Does Ohio’s Stay-at-Home Order Impact Your Business?
- March 20: Ignoring the ODH Order: A Warning for Bar + Restaurant Owners
- March 20: Insurance Coverage Claims in the Age of COVID-19: Don’t Wait
- March 19: 5 Questions You Should Be Asking About Your Global Operations Right Now
- March 17: Understand Your Cash Flow + Financial Options to Survive COVID-19
- March 16: Four Recommendations for Businesses Considering the Delivery Option for Beer, Liquor + Wine
- March 15: Key Questions About Coronavirus Implications for Retail Businesses
- March 13: India Issues Travel + Visa Restrictions Related to COVID-19
- March 13: Can Coronavirus Get You Out of Your Contract?
Construction + Development Considerations
Key Contact: Don Gregory
- August 7: What is the Verdict on Virtual Mediations?
- April 8: Does the AIA A201 Provide Monetary Relief in the Coronavirus Emergency?
- March 22: Ohio’s Stay-at-Home Order Spares Construction Industry, For Now
- March 20: Can you Recover Compensation for Coronavirus Delay?
- March 9: Coronavirus + Excusable Delay
Regulatory Updates + Enforcement
- July 9: Stricter Columbus City Council Mask Ordinance Replaces Mayor Ginther’s Order
- July 8: Gov. DeWine Faces Challenges Even While Enjoying High Approval Ratings
- April 17: Attorneys Aren’t Immune from Ethical Obligations During the Pandemic
- April 16: Ohio Attorney General Brings Antitrust + CSPA Suit Against Alleged Price Gouger
- April 14: IRS Provides Relief to Executors + Trustees
- April 8: CMS Expands AAPP to Fast-Track Payments for Providers + Suppliers
- April 6: Ohio Supreme Court Presses Pause on Court Deadlines in Response to Pandemic
- March 30: Practicing Law in the World of COVID-19: Competently Representing Your Clients Now Includes Competently Using Technology
- March 27: Medical Marijuana + Telehealth: Best Practices During the Pandemic
- March 25: A Plan to Prepare Ohio for COVID-19’s Impending Effect on the Funeral Industry
- March 20: Key Requirements for Health Care Providers Practicing Telemedicine
- March 19: 2 Remote Processing Questions for Pharmacies Responding to COVID-19