No matter the size of the practice or area of focus, we help lawyers, law firms and judges throughout Ohio meet their ethical responsibilities. We help our clients navigate through complex ethical issues, including those arising from client representation matters, civil and criminal litigation, and in response to inquiries from Ohio disciplinary authorities. Our lawyers also provide expert witness services in all aspects of legal practice.
- Disciplinary defense: representing clients in defense of ethical investigations and disciplinary proceedings
- Consultation: advising lawyers on all aspects of the Rules of Professional Conduct, including conflicts, withdrawal, contempt, confidentiality, and fee issues and disputes
- Expert witness: serving in legal malpractice cases, fee disputes and conflict of interest disputes
- Legal and ethics opinions: advising clients contemplating a course of legal action
- Civil litigation: representing lawyers in disqualification, conflict of interest, discovery, contempt and other disputes arising in the context of civil litigation
- Judges and judicial candidates: representation in ethics and judicial campaign matters; compliance with the Code of Judicial Conduct; judicial misconduct investigations
We regularly represent clients of all types, including lawyers, law firms, and judges on a variety of ethical issues. Our attorneys also work with non-lawyers on unauthorized practice of law (UPL) issues and all issues relating to their attorney-client relationships. Our clients include:
- Lawyers and law firms
- Government attorneys
- Judges and judicial candidates
- In-house corporate counsel
- Non-lawyer corporations and individuals
For more information on our professional responsibility services, please contact Chris Weber.