Jen is a director in the firm’s M+A, corporate and commercial contract areas. She manages commercial contract portfolios for institutional clients (including SaaS and other service agreements), advises companies throughout each stage of their corporate transactions, and serves as outside general counsel for companies with regional and global presences.
Business, Mergers + Acquisitions
Jen provides strategic counsel to businesses in all stages of their lifecycle to address their legal needs and navigate state and federal regulations. Jen brings her extensive legal writing experience to the negotiation and drafting of general contracts, internal policies and processes, statements of work, service agreements, operating agreements, licensing agreements, confidentiality agreements, and more. She is also a critical part of the firm’s deal team, advising clients in both buy- and sell-side transactions through document drafting and due diligence management.
As part of her broad experience with licensing agreements and contacts, Jen assists businesses with IT and software licensing agreements. Navigating the complexities and jargon of tech-based agreements, Jen helps clients navigate the commercial contracting process with vendors to secure critical services and valuable business solutions, and to encourage innovation and forge lasting partnerships. With these goals in mind, Jen negotiates contract scopes and terms, and also drafts and reviews contracts, including Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and others.
- Emerging Businesses
- IP Strategy + Consulting
- Mergers + Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2009)
- University of Cincinnati (B.B.A., 2006)
- Ohio Attorney General All-Staff Pride Award (2018)
- Participated in numerous matters for the trustee in the Bernard L. Madoff SIPA litigation, including drafting and filing of applications, motions, actions and oppositions.
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Columbus Collegiate Academy, Board of Directors, former member
- United Preparatory Academy, Board of Directors, former member