Mikes focuses his practice in the area of Workers’ Compensation and employer intentional tort defense; he joined the firm in 2003.
Randy assists Ohio employers with all aspects of workers’ compensation defense, representing them at administrative hearings before the Industrial Commission throughout the state of Ohio and before the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. He also defends employers in workers’ compensation matters in the courts of common pleas throughout Ohio, as well as in the Ohio courts of appeal and Supreme Court.
Randy handles all aspects of claim defense, such as contesting the allowance of a claim and payments of compensation and medical benefits under claims. He assists employers defending claims of violations of specific safety requirements and pursues findings of fraud. He also counsels employers on a proactive approach to claim limitation and cost containment.
Randy’s litigation practice focuses on defending employers in intentional tort cases and representing employers in all aspects of workers’ compensation litigation, including defense of “right to participate” cases in Ohio courts and “extent of disability” issues in the Franklin County Court of Appeals and Ohio Supreme Court.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1990)
- Kenyon College, (B.A., 1986)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Committee, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- Has practiced for 7 years in general litigation and 23 years in workers' compensation
- Served as a staff assistant to U.S. Senator John Glenn
- Served as a legal extern for Judge John D. Holschuh in the U.S. District Court in Columbus, Ohio