Ingram practices in the areas of medical marijuana + hemp, litigation, and emerging business. His experience covers regulated sectors from the perspective of trial counsel and experience as in-house counsel and an executive director. He joined Kegler Brown in 2020.
Medical Marijuana + Hemp
As part of our medical marijuana team, David works to provide licensed medical marijuana businesses everything they need to operate. From assisting with continued compliance with Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Control Program (MMCP), to administrative appeals and requests from the board, David draws on his previous experience as counsel for the State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy to help clients meet their corporate structure needs, including staffing, training, employee licensing and more, in order to maintain compliance with the numerous MMCP regulations and legal requirements.
Business and licensed professionals are confronted with a challenging enforcement environment. From hearings to trials and appeals, David helps clients navigate investigations and administrative litigation proceedings, and defends individual clients in parallel state and federal criminal cases. Along with representing clients in administrative litigation and criminal litigation, David also routinely represents clients in the areas of health care law and civil litigation.
David enjoys the opportunity to work with entrepreneurs and family-owned businesses in the beginning stages of developing a business, helping them with registration and filing to start a business, and guiding them through the legal issues related to licensing and permits, formation, startup, growth, franchising, finance, compliance, and sale. He also assists clients with succession planning, helping to make sure what they worked hard to earn is distributed when and where they want.
With a decade of experience in state government, David uses his knowledge of the legislative and administrative rulemaking process to advance the interests of his clients. Previously serving as an executive director for an administrative agency, David has transformed legislative concepts into scalable programs that were implemented statewide.
- Emerging Businesses
- Franchise + Distribution
- Global Business
- Government Affairs
- Health Care
- Medical Marijuana + Hemp
- Mergers + Acquisitions
- Capital University School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., Political Science + Criminology, 2007)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Columbus Leadership Council, Columbus Young Professionals, Careers Committee Member
- Council on Licensure, Enforcement + Regulation (CLEAR), national certified investigator and inspector
- City Pulse Columbus, 52 Young Professionals to Know, 2018
- The National Black Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, 2016-2019
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- The 411 Foundation “Standing Tall, Helping Others,” Board Member (2015 – Present)
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Young Professionals Board Member (2018 – Present)
- Columbus Bar Association Barrister Leadership Program (2019)
- Capital University Law School African American Law Alumni Association, Executive Board (2012 – 2018)
- John Mercer Langston Bar Association, Board of Directors (2013 – 2017)