As the recipient of multiple medals during her military career, and even going back to her Gold Award as a Girl Scout, Jasmin has never shied away from responsibility and leadership roles. After completing our Summer Associate program, she joined Kegler Brown in 2016.
Jasmin’s experience centers on business transaction issues, where she uses her experience in managing personnel and solving problems to develop creative solutions for complex legal matters and business concerns.
Along with providing advice to clients on developing and securing their IP assets, Jasmin also assists with unique issues that require more than a standard non-disclosure agreement to protect her clients’ artistic IP, forming an IP strategy for businesses by drafting contracts that retain the employer’s rights when hiring outside creative work. She focuses her practice on safeguarding her clients’ IP through securing trademark and copyright registrations, assisting in the negotiation and drafting of licenses, infringement actions, and commercialization and sales of IP assets. She also assists with IP-related aspects of mergers + acquisitions.
Jasmin also works with women-, minority- and veteran-owned businesses in a wide variety of industries, providing them with support and guidance throughout their setup and the application process for their Business Enterprise Certification.
Jasmin provides strategic advice to both new and established businesses on numerous aspects of entity selection, initial formation, and reorganization. For clients just getting started in their business, she assists with entity creation and structuring, as well as contract drafting, commercial agreement negotiation and economic incentives. For businesses at any stage, Jasmin helps develop, implement and evaluate practical customized strategies related to commercial, employee and IP needs, analyzing risks and then drafting and implementing policies, procedures and contracts.
Assisting clients with issue-tracking relevant to their needs, Jasmin provides manageable, summarized legislative reports to keep them up-to-date with recent developments. She also assists the Lobbying team with providing consultation and strategy to clients regarding the effects of specific legislation on their business.
- Emerging Businesses
- Global Business
- Government Affairs
- Health Care
- IP Strategy + Consulting
- Mergers + Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., 2016)
- Webster University (M.A., 2011)
- United States Military Academy (B.S., 2005)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County, member
- Ohio State Bar Association 2018 Leadership Academy, graduate
- Judicial externships in the Southern District of Ohio with the Honorable Thomas M. Rose and Magistrate Michael J. Newman (2015)
- Bronze Star (United States Army, 2009)
- Gold Award (Girls Scouts of America, 2000)
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Operation Legal Help Ohio, volunteer attorney
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus, Tenant Advocacy Project (TAP) Clinic, volunteer attorney
- Ohio Women Veterans Advisory Committee, Board Member