Makiah focuses her practice in the areas of corporate law, franchising, and mergers and acquisitions. She joined Kegler Brown in 2022.
Corporate Law + Related Transactions
Makiah works with both emerging and established businesses, offering legal counsel regarding business formation, entity structuring, economic incentives, and tax guidance, as well as contract drafting and negotiation strategy. She advises clients in the areas of corporate reorganization, corporate governance, public + federal securities compliance, and business succession strategies. She also assists clients throughout all their corporate transactions, including leading due diligence, overseeing filings and exceptions, and managing securities planning.
As part of her corporate practice, Makiah works with our Franchising + Distribution team, researching franchise law and helping clients with state-by-state compliance regulations.
- Emerging Businesses
- Franchise + Distribution
- Global Business
- Mergers + Acquisitions
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2022)
- Butler University (B.A., 2019)
- John Mercer Langston Bar Association, member
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Equality Ohio, Racial Justice and Legal Clinic Committees, Non-Board Committee Member
- Butler University Black Alumni Association, Steering Committee Member