Professional Responsibility Seminar in Cleveland
2.75 CLE credits
On Saturday, October 22, the Kegler Brown professional responsibility lawyers will be bringing their annual ethics seminar to Cleveland. Along with presentations from our lawyers, the Honorable Joan Synenberg, Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court judge, will lend a hand discussing ethics from a judge’s perspective. Join us at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law for this half day seminar.
8:30 a.m. – Registration + Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – Panel Discussion: Jonathan E. Coughlan, Chris Weber, Geoffrey Stern + Jason H. Beehler
Topics of discussion will include:
- Is there ever “finality” to a grievance?
- Disclosing information received from prospective clients
- Other new disciplinary issues
10:00 a.m. – Break
10:15 a.m. – Known Unknowns: Advising Clients with Diminished Capacity; presented by Jason H. Beehler
Inspired by the issues swirling around the publication of Go Set a Watchman (prequel to Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird), Jason will discuss the ethical rules that apply when advising clients with diminished mental capacity.
11:15 a.m. – Panel Discussion: Judge Synenberg, Jonathan E. Coughlan + Geoffrey Stern
Topics of Discussion will include:
- Lack of professionalism/civility in court and in discovery – do these ever give rise to discipline?
- Attorney withdrawal – confidentiality concerns, views from the bench and the bar
- False statements to the tribunal, views from the bench and the bar
Registration + Fees
Please email [email protected] or call (440) 263-3659 to pre-register for a discounted rate of $75. Registration at the door will be permitted for $85.
There are several options available for parking within walking distance of the College
Please click here to find out more about the available parking options.