Navigating the Uncharted Waters of Tax Reform – Impact on International Operations
We invite you to join us on Thursday, August 23rd for a presentation and panel discussion on key international tax aspects of U.S. and global tax reform. Presenting will be Vinita Mehra of Kegler Brown, Adam J. Smith, Ernst & Young, Hiten Shah, MES, Inc., and Bill Dopp, Technical Rubber Company.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) is the biggest change in U.S. tax law since 1986. Outside the U.S., the OECD Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) project and the European Commission’s Anti-Tax Avoidance Directives (ATAD) have introduced sweeping changes in the global tax landscape. Kegler Brown, along with experts from Ernst & Young, MES, Inc., and Technical Rubber Company, Inc., will address significant international tax issues and discuss the challenges companies face in navigating this new global tax environment.
The presentation will particularly focus on the impact of tax reform on mid-market businesses that have an international footprint.
Topics to be covered include:
- How the TCJA, BEPS, and ATAD change the global tax landscape
- Business and operational challenges
- Legal issues
- Supply chain management
- Business considerations
- Vinita Mehra, Kegler Brown Hill + Ritter: Vinita Mehra is Co-leader of the Global Business practice at Kegler Brown and is licensed to practice law in both Ohio and India. She counsels corporate clients regarding a broad range of complex national and international corporate transactions and intellectual property issues.
- Adam J. Smith, Ernst & Young:Adam J. Smith is a Manager in Ernst & Young, LLP’s (EY) International Tax Services group in Grandview Heights, Ohio. Adam advises U.S. and Non-U.S. multinational corporations on U.S. corporate and international federal income tax matters. Before joining EY, Adam served as the Visiting Assistant Professor of Tax at the University of Florida Levin College Of Law’s Graduate Tax Program. Adam also worked for the I.R.S. Office of Chief Counsel, where he represented the Commissioner in Tax Court and advised the I.R.S. on procedural and substantive tax matters. Adam is a licensed attorney in Florida and Illinois, and a licensed C.P.A. in Illinois and Ohio.
- Hiten Shah, MES, Inc.: Hiten Shah, owner and President of MES, Inc. believes that human beings have unlimited potential and he is the living proof. Having started his career as a plastics engineer, Hiten knew very little about overseeing a global supply chain. But with an experience as key manager, process engineer, engineering manager then director of engineering, vice president of sales, and director of joint venture sales, he was ready for the challenge.
- Bill Dopp, Technical Rubber Company: Bill Dopp is the Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer of Technical Rubber Company, Inc., and joined the company in 2015. A member of several management teams with over 25 years of financial management experience, his career includes several years living abroad in countries including China, Australia and the UK. He earned his MBA from the University of San Diego, and a BS in Business Administration from San Diego State University.
Please register for this free seminar by Tuesday August 21, by contacting Korri Titus, [email protected] or (614) 255-5515.
65 E State Street, Suite 1800
Columbus, OH 43215
Complimentary Parking: There are several options available for parking. We will reimburse tickets from the Columbus Commons Underground Garage, located at 191 S. 3rd Street or from the Sheraton Valet, which is located on 3rd Street at the Sheraton Hotel just before the Columbus Commons Underground Garage.