Andrew is counsel to founders of new and emerging businesses, real estate developers, fund managers, and private investors. He advises those clients on managing liability risks across the business lifecycle, including business organizations, real estate finance and development, and securities transactions, leading a collaborative approach to optimize client outcomes.
Andrew focuses his practice on private investment finance, where he routinely prepares and negotiates promissory notes, convertible notes, simple agreements for future equity (SAFEs), debentures, and common, preferred, and incentive equity instruments. He has extensive experience with both federal and state securities regulation involving exemptions for the offer and sale of securities, advising on private equity fund formation, private placement memorandums, subscription agreements, and SEC and state "blue sky" filings.
Real Estate Finance + Development
Andrew has provided counsel to start-up and growth-stage private companies, as well as a range of real estate development projects across the Midwest region to include commercial, hotel, office, student housing, multifamily, senior living, and mixed-use asset classes. Additionally, Andrew leads one of the most active opportunity zones practices in the state of Ohio, advising taxpayer-investors, fund managers, developers, and entrepreneurs on tax-advantaged qualified opportunity zone investments.
Prior to joining Kegler Brown, Andrew served as an intelligence officer in the United States Air Force, supporting coalition and joint special operations worldwide. Andrew currently serves in the Ohio Air National Guard as Inspector General of the 121st Air Refueling Wing. A combat veteran, Andrew approaches problems with a combination of creativity and attention-to-detail that enables his clients to make business decisions with confidence.
Diversity, Equity + Inclusion
Andrew leads the firm’s Diversity, Equity + Inclusion efforts with the mission of creating an environment that reflects the diversity of culture, thought, and background of the community in which we work and live. Kegler Brown strives to foster an inclusive culture where every person is empowered to freely share their ideas, experiences, and beliefs, and to make the firm a place where every member has a deep sense of pride, passion, and belonging.
- Emerging Businesses
- Mergers + Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D.)
- University of Oklahoma (M.A., International Relations)
- Miami University (B.A., Diplomacy & Foreign Affairs, 2007)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- American Bar Association, member
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Top 25 Opportunity Zone Attorney” by Opportunity Zone Magazine
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America®, Ones To Watch, 2023
- United States Army Bronze Star
- United States Air Force Commendation Medal
- Company Grade Officer of the Year, 505th Test and Evaluation Group, Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico
- Professional Performer of the Year, 1st Special Operations Group, Hurlburt Field, Florida
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Ohio Air National Guard, Lieutenant Colonel
- Columbus Fashion Initiative, board of trustees, member