We provide advice and guidance to women-, minority-, and veteran-owned businesses related to local, state, national and federal business certification programs with the goal of advancing our clients’ business goals through the opportunity to secure government and corporate contracts crucial to the growth of their business.
The certification process is a significant time investment with multiple criteria, and we recognize that most clients are very busy leading their company. Therefore, not only can we provide advice into which/how many certifications are most beneficial for your business in relation to your specific industry and individual goals, but throughout the application process we also assist with gathering and organizing the necessary documents, evaluating the business structure in relation to certification requirements, providing advice in other areas that may affect certification and responding to any review committee requests after the application has been submitted.
While holding a certification doesn’t guarantee contracts, the proper certification can give a business access to untapped markets that would be unavailable otherwise. Both public- and private-sector entities utilize certified businesses from nearly all industries, and being certified can be a most advantageous way for a business to get its foot in the door.
- Local and state level certification: Identifying and navigating city and state level certifications, such as the Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Veteran- Friendly Business Enterprise (VBE), or Encouraging Diversity, Growth and Equity (EDGE) program
- Federal level certifications: Identifying and navigating federal level business certifications, such as Small Business or Disadvantaged Business certification
- National level and industry specific certifications: Identifying and navigating national level certifications, such as certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) or National Minority Supplier Development Council
- General business and corporate governance structuring counsel: Helping identify and target our clients’ unique business needs in order to recommend an overall corporate structure that best enables certification and growth, as well as recommending a corporate structure that is flexible and fosters appropriate mechanisms for corporate controls
- Contract review and negotiation: Identifying possible issues and negotiating terms for government and corporate commercial contracts, as well as counseling on compliance
- Procurement application review: Providing counsel on issues arising during the Request for Proposal (RFP) process
We serve a multitude of growth-focused clients with a variety of needs. No matter what lifecycle stage a business may be in, from startups, to emerging- or growth-stage, to mature and established companies, we assist in the expansion of their possible market, in or out-of-state, by identifying beneficial or essential certifications and guiding them through the application process.
The businesses we serve – all seeking growth opportunities, namely through government and corporate contracts – are engaged in a variety of industries, such as marketing, technology, construction/engineering, food services, and others.
For more information on our certification services for growth-seeking companies, please contact Lloyd Pierre-Louis.