Victoria serves as the co-chair of Kegler Brown’s Privacy and Data Security practice area and focuses her practice on domestic and global business and intellectual property litigation. She has represented U.S. and foreign companies in complex commercial litigation, dispute resolution, and management of e-discovery.
A native of Colombia, Victoria spent years as a public defender in Arizona first assigned to capital habeas appeals and later trying major felony cases. Prior to practicing law, Victoria was an industrial engineer in the technology and automotive sectors and a competitive figure skater. Victoria joined Kegler Brown in 2016.
Privacy + Data Security
A member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, Victoria regularly advises clients on privacy and data security issues. Not only does she assist clients with state, federal, and international compliance, but also with preparing strategies for responding to data breaches and other security incidents. Her experience includes facilitating the resolution of cases involving ransomware, assisting multi-global companies with recovery of losses after a breach, proactively reviewing existing policies for domestic and foreign companies to minimize risk of potential litigation, and supervising the transfer of data as an asset in the enforcement of judgments. Recently, Victoria has been assisting clients in designing the processes to comply with and respond to enforcement actions under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Victoria is well-versed in managing a case from its beginning phases to a judgment or settlement; taking responsibility for research, motion writing, trial preparation, mediation and arbitration. Recently, she has litigated copyright infringement cases in the construction and technology sectors, data security and privacy claims in the banking sector, and breach of contract disputes in the medical and industrial sectors.
Global Practice + Latin America
Victoria’s fluency in Spanish and her education and work experience in Latin America allow her to help U.S. and foreign companies navigate through transnational disputes and issues of foreign law. Victoria has helped American companies with interests in Latin countries as well as foreign entities litigating matters in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
- Emerging Businesses
- Global Business
- Health Care
- IP Strategy + Consulting
- Professional Responsibility
- Arizona State University Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law (J.D. 2007)
- Senior Editor, Jurimetrics: The Journal of Law, Science, and Technology
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia (B.S. 2000)
- U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- International Association of Privacy Professionals, member
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County (WLFC)
- Women for Economic and Leadership Development (WELD), Leadership Series Committee, co-chair
- Selected to the Ohio Rising Star list by Super Lawyers (2018)
- “40 Under 40 Award,” Columbus Business First (2017)
- “Top Lawyers Under 40 Award,” Hispanic National Bar Association (2017)
- Selected to the Hispanic National Bar Association’s Latina Commission 2016 Leadership Academy
- “40 Under 40 Award,” Phoenix Business Journal (2011)
- “Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys in Arizona,” Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education (2010)
- “Outstanding Young Lawyer,” State Bar of Arizona (2009)
- “New Attorney of the Year,” Volunteer Lawyers Program of Maricopa County (2009)
- “Outstanding Volunteer Award,” Arizona Justice Project (2007)
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- A Kid Again, Central Ohio Chapter, Board of Directors, chair
- Bizwomen Mentoring Monday event, Columbus Business First, mentor
- Community Legal Services of Arizona, VP of the Board of Directors (2011-2013)
- Spanish (native)