Mr. Wilkes joined the firm in 1999 and assists clients primarily in the firm’s Real Estate + Financing, Banking + Commercial Lending, and Mergers + Acquisitions practice areas. Nick’s practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions with an emphasis on lease drafting and negotiations and real estate title issues.
Wireless Telecommunications Leasing
While experienced in a broad range of real estate transactions and issues, Nick has focused much of his time on addressing the real estate needs of clients in the field of wireless telecommunications. His experience includes over a decade managing a large volume of lease transactions for one of the nation’s largest wireless telecommunications services providers.
Real Estate + Financing
Nick’s real estate and financing practice focuses on commercial leasing, the purchase, sale and development of real estate, secured financing, real estate taxation, and the review and resolution of real estate title and survey matters. His breadth of experience includes work with commercial and residential condominium development, real estate tax exemption matters, and the finance and development of low-income housing.
Banking + Commercial Lending
Nick advises both lenders and borrowers in matters relating to secured financing, negotiation and drafting of loan documentation and legal due diligence. As a former real estate title insurance agent, Nick is experienced in the review and resolution of real estate title and survey matters.
Mergers + Acquisitions
As it relates to M+A issues, Nick assists clients in contract drafting and negotiation, legal due diligence and in the review and resolution of real estate title and survey matters.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1995)
- Honors Tutorial College of Ohio University (B.A., 1992)
- American Bar Association, member
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- Selected as an “Ohio Rising Star” by Law & Politics magazine
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Capital Area Human Society, volunteer
- Ohio High School Cycling Development Club, corporate secretary
- Upper Arlington Civic Association, member
- Upper Arlington Leadership Program, graduate
- Counsel to national telecommunications services provider with respect to the leasing of cellular communications towers
- Representation of institutional investors in the acquisition, development, sale and leasing of office and retail properties
- Representation of metropolitan housing authority in the development of low-income housing with federal mixed-finance funding
- Former title insurance agent and title examiner; previously served as the managing attorney of an Ohio title insurance agency