Tim is a trial lawyer and mediator. He practices primarily in the areas of litigation, including both trial and appellate practice, medical malpractice, personal injury, and mediation. Tim has handled a high volume of complex personal injury cases from both the plaintiff and defense perspective, which gives him a unique insight when mediating cases. Tim has served as the firm’s marketing chair since 1999. He joined the firm after graduating from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in 1989.
Tim has extensive experience in trial and appellate work. He has tried dozens of cases to verdict, including both jury and bench trials in state and federal courts. Besides Ohio, he has handled complex litigation in North Carolina, Florida, Pennsylvania, Iowa and Indiana. He has handled dozens of temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction hearings, as well as administrative trials.
Tim counsels clients regarding diverse medical malpractice negligence claims involving a wide range of medical specialties. In addition, Tim has also served as counsel to medical practitioners and hospitals and assisted them in avoiding millions of dollars in malpractice negligence claims.
Tim provides experienced counsel to victims of injuries caused by automobile collisions, product liability and general negligence. Tim also aggressively assists clients in navigating the negotiation process with insurers and their legal counsel and has extensive experience in securing the best possible results for his clients. Tim has vast experience dealing with insurance companies, including underinsured claims, uninsured claims and subrogation.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1989)
- College of Wooster (B.S., 1985)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association, member
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating of AV
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- Selected to the Ohio Super Lawyers list since 2004
- Recognized in Columbus Business First’s the Verdict as an outstanding litigator
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Netcare Access, Board of Directors, member
- Welcome Warehouse, Board of Directors, member
- “Deposition Strategies: Do’s and Don’t’s,” Columbus Bar Association Litigation Management Series
- “Judgment and Post-Judgment Procedures,” Columbus Bar Association Litigation Management Series
- “Uninsured Motorist Coverage: How did we get here?” Greater Cincinnati Insurance Education Day
- “The Art of Cross-Examination,” Ohio Attorney General Trial Series
- “Preparing for Deposition,” Ohio State University Medical Center Education Day
- Selected as member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Past Chairman of the Columbus Bar Association Negligence Law Committee
- Has received numerous multi-million dollar jury verdicts