Todd Kegler regularly represents clients in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, business, tax, estate planning and in other general corporate matters.
Mergers + Acquisitions
As chairman of Kegler Brown’s mergers and acquisitions practice group, Todd has significant experience representing clients on complex business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, recapitalizations, reorganizations, investments and joint ventures. He regularly advises sellers and buyers, as well as private equity groups sponsoring leveraged recapitalizations and reorganizations. Clients are involved in a diverse range of industries, including manufacturing, health care, restaurant, franchising, retail, building and construction materials, technology, advertising and marketing, and professional services.
Business + Tax
Todd has extensive experience with a wide variety of business and income tax planning matters relating to C corporations, S corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships. He acts as a counselor to a variety of companies and entrepreneurs regarding their ongoing legal needs, providing advice with respect to matters such as business formation, capital raising, employee matters, strategic agreements, shareholder agreements, complex partnership and limited company agreements, debt and equity arrangements, and confidentiality and non-competition agreements.
Additionally, Todd focuses on advising individuals, most often wealthy entrepreneurs, with respect to estate planning matters. His experience includes structuring and implementing sophisticated estate planning strategies for clients involving GRATs, dynasty trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts, family limited partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Emerging Businesses
- Estate Planning + Business Succession
- Global Business
- Health Care
- IP Strategy + Consulting
- Mergers + Acquisitions
- Vanderbilt University School of Law (J.D., 1994)
- Vanderbilt Law Review, associate editor
- DePauw University (B.A., 1991)
- Summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- North Carolina
- American Bar Association, Section of Business Law- Mergers & Acquisitions committee, member
- Columbus Bar Association, Business Taxation, Estate and Gift Taxation committees, member
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 2001
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Selected as the 2017 “Lawyer of the Year” in Columbus in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions Law by The Best Lawyers in America®
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating of AV Preeminent®
- Selected as the 2014 “Lawyer of the Year” in Columbus in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions Law by The Best Lawyers in America®
- Honored by Chambers USA for expertise in Corporate/M+A since 2011
- Recognized as an Ohio Super Lawyer® by Law & Politics magazine since 2010
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- YMCA of Central Ohio, Board of Trustees, member
- The Childhood League, Board of Directors, member (2009-2015)
- “Top 10 Mistakes Made in Buying a Company”, Panel Discussion hosted by GBQ on October 16, 2013.
- “Exit Strategies for Business Owners”, Ohio State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Webinar, August 2, 2013.
- “M&A in Troubling Times,” ACG Columbus Panel Presentation, January 14, 2010.