Roger cares not only about his clients and his practice, but also about the community at large. He believes in putting his thoughts and ideas into action when it comes to community service. In addition to previously serving as chair of Kegler Brown’s community service initiatives, Roger personally serves on boards of directors in key leadership positions for some of Ohio’s most influential charities and non-profits.
An active leader, team member, organizer and volunteer, Roger’s continuous and unwavering commitment to the community has involved a variety of organizations, including:
- President of the Columbus Metropolitan Library, where he also co-chairs its capital campaign. The Columbus Metropolitan Library is ranked “Number 1” in the country, and was named “national library of the year” in 2010. The Library has also received national recognition from the Institute of Museum and Library Services for community outreach, and is undergoing a $120M renovation of 11 of its branches.
- Past Chair of the Board for the YMCA of Central Ohio, one of the largest nonprofits in the area, and the largest childcare provider in the community focused on diabetes prevention and wellness, truancy programs and the like.
- Past Chair of the Board of Leadership Columbus, which inducted Roger into its “Hall of Fame” for his long-time dedication and service.
- Past Chair of the Board for the United Way of Central Ohio, where he assisted with the strategic direction of the organization and served as former co-chair of the Tocqueville Society and as a founding member of the board of directors for its Young Leadership Group.
- Past President of the Athletic Club of Columbus, where Roger was an integral participant in its strategic planning initiatives.
- Past Chair for the Community Shelter Board, an umbrella organization created to fund homeless shelters and design initiatives to develop affordable housing in the community for adult men, women and families.