At Kegler Brown, our attorneys understand the legal and tax environment of foreign jurisdictions around the world. We assist clients of all sizes with capitalizing on the global market opportunities through joint ventures, joint marketing agreements, distribution agreements, technology and IP licensing arrangements, R&D partnerships, and other collaborative ventures.
The collective background of our global team members is diverse and the legal and business experience they have accumulated is vast. Our attorneys leverage their combined knowledge of global markets and deep understanding of our clients' business strategies to facilitate strategic alliances and identify joint venture opportunities around the world.
- Strategic legal and tax planning: creating and maximizing growth opportunities through collaborative ventures, while developing a legal and tax infrastructure that will support profitable, secure and lasting global partnerships
- Due diligence: undertaking risk management analysis and legal and tax due diligence to facilitate proper and, wherever possible, risk-free strategic alliances and joint ventures
- Contract negotiations: drafting, reviewing and executing JV agreements
- Corporate governance and compliance: ensuring good corporate governance by establishing sound policies, including anti-corruption activities and exporting control regulations
We assist businesses of all sizes in growing their global operations through joint ventures. And we have developed specific experience in representing clients in industries like manufacturing, technology, retail, communications, higher education, information technology and software development, and health care and pharmaceuticals. This practice is highlighted by our recent representation of:
- A publicly traded manufacturing company: strategic legal and tax planning, due diligence, and contract negotiations as it explored a joint venture in an emerging-market
- A mid-size manufacturing company: strategic legal and tax planning as it explored a technology and IP collaboration with companies in several foreign jurisdictions
- A privately held services company: due diligence and contract negotiations as it explored a collaborative distribution and logistics arrangement with a company in the Asia-Pacific region
- A public global construction company: strategic legal and tax planning, due diligence and contract negotiations as it explored strategic alliances in Africa