Michael focuses his practice in the areas of real estate, business and tax. He joined Kegler Brown in 2012.
Michael's real estate practice includes advising clients in the acquisition, development, disposition, leasing and financing of residential and commercial properties. With Michael's range of knowledge and experience, he is able to guide his clients from the beginning stages of establishing holding entities, drafting and negotiating purchase contracts, and advising on title, survey and environmental issues during the diligence process through leasing to tenants in a completed development.
Michael represents property owners and tenants in lease drafting and negotiations, and has leasing experience ranging from advising a start-up secure its first space to assisting established businesses expanding nationwide and negotiating leases on behalf of institutional landlords. He also assists property owners in drafting standard form leases for use in developments.
Business + Tax
Michael counsels clients in every aspect of business, including contract drafting and negotiation, and business formation and structuring, and tax.
Energy + Public Utilities Law
Michael also provides assistance to oil and gas producers, developers, pipeline companies and collateral service providers on a variety of matters, including leasing and title issues and litigation proceedings.
Mike works closely with the firm’s core global business team on both inbound and outbound projects. For companies headquartered abroad looking at the United States for real estate development and investment, he helps them understand the legal and tax implications of a variety of corporate structuring, financing, lease and purchase options. Mike also works with U.S.-based clients in planning and executing trade and investment strategies abroad.
- Banking + Lending
- Energy + Environment
- Global Business
- Real Estate
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Syracuse University (B.A., 2008)
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Selected to the 2017 Ohio Rising Star list by Super Lawyers
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- The Ohio State University Wexner Hillel, Board of Trustees
- Jewish Federation of Columbus Young Professionals Division (Atid), Social Committee, chairman
- Jewish Federation of Columbus Young Professionals Division (Atid), Advisory Committee member
- Homeport Young Professionals Network, board member
- B’nai Brith Youth Organization Pops Dworkin/Saul Kaufman AZA chapter, advisor
- Jewish Federation of Columbus Community Board, member (2011-2013)
- Treasurer, Moritz College of Law Student Bar Association (2011-2012)
- Associate Editor, Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal (2011-2012)
- Vice President, Moritz College of Law Jewish Law Student Association (2010-2011)
- Man of the Year, Syracuse University Interfraternity Council (2008)