Kegler, Brown, Hill & Ritter is proud to announce that 20 of its attorneys have been named to the 2010 edition of Best Lawyers®, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive annual peer-review survey. For the new U.S. edition, more than 24,126 leading attorneys cast more than 2.8 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in the same and related specialties.
Because of the rigorous and transparent methodology used by Best Lawyers, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."
The following attorneys (and the practice areas in which they have been acknowledged) have been recognized:
- John P. Brody :: Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law
- Robert G. Cohen :: Antitrust Law
- Kenneth R. Cookson :: Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law
- Lawrence F. Feheley :: Labor and Employment Law
- Donald W. Gregory :: Construction Law
- Thomas W. Hill :: Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation
- Todd M. Kegler :: Corporate Law; Mergers & Acquisitions
- Charles J. Kegler :: Tax Law; Trusts & Estates
- David M. McCarty :: Workers' Compensation Law
- S. Michael Miller :: Non-White-Collar Criminal Defense; White-Collar Criminal Defense
- Paul D. Ritter, Jr. :: Corporate Law; Employee Benefits Law
- Thomas J. Sigmund :: Employee Benetis Law; Trusts & Estates
- S. Martijn Steger :: Corporate Law
- Geoffrey Stern :: Appellate Law; Legal Malpractice Law; Professional Malpractice Law
- Roger P. Sugarman :: Commercial Litigation; Energy Law; Securities Law
- John R. Thomas :: Corporate Law
- Timothy T. Tullis :: Commercial Litigation
- Christopher J. Weber :: Corporate Governance and Compliance Law; Professional Malpractice Law
- Melvin D. Weinstein :: Commercial Litigation
- Michael E. Zatezalo :: Real Estate Law
Of these attorneys, Brody, Kegler (Todd), McCarty and Tullis are being honored for the first time; Kegler (Charles), Hill, Sigmund and Ritter have been honored for more than ten years; and Thomas has been honored for more than 25 years.
The "Best Lawyers in America" are nominated and recognized solely by their peers. Acknowledgement in this annual publication is an honor bestowed upon these attorneys by the legal community at large. Best Lawyers lists have earned the respect of the profession, the media and the public, as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals anywhere.
For more information, contact Kegler Brown Marketing.