Our formula for success is simple. We combine bipartisan access, more than 100 years of combined experience and tenacity to deliver superb results. Our government and legislative affairs practice group should be an integral part of your business planning, whether your organization is looking to:
- focus on Ohio lobbying or election law;
- secure government approvals in regulated industries;
- or influence the decision-making process at the local, state or national level.
As registered lobbyists and legal counsel, we have an understanding of governmental processes that provide our clients with a great combination of insight and services at all levels of government.
Our government relation lawyers:
- Assist companies nationwide with lobbying
- Answer any questions pertaining to election law
- Represented nonprofit in early learning debate during 127th General Assembly budget negotiations.
- Assisted county and local governments in obtaining economic development incentives through legislation and state agencies.
- Successfully represented local government entities in obtaining additional state funding.
- Serve as counsel to a Fortune 500 corporation tracking 50 state ethics and lobbyist disclosure rules.
- Represent a Fortune 500 company on all legal and regulatory matters.
- Serve as counsel to trade associations on compliance with campaign finance laws.
- Represent a multi-state company on gaming-related issues in legislature.
- Represent the Ohio trade association of the country’s single largest primary healthcare system.
- Advocate for passage of legislation to assist a trade association in advancing its regulatory and licensing legislation.
- Assist nonprofit clients in obtaining tax exemption status through Ohio Department of Taxation.
- Advise a large nonprofit organization on legislative and regulatory matters.
Our government and legislative affairs practice group's previous public service provides valuable insight into the legislative and regulatory process. Our legal team members have held elected and appointed offices at the local, state and national levels, including key policy positions at various state and national agencies.
SCG Legal — of which Kegler Brown is a founding member — is also a critical tool used to serve our clients in jurisdictions outside of Ohio. Through this organization, we have developed personal relationships with leading attorneys who maintain strong governmental affairs practices in every state capital and in most major international capitals. These relationships allow us to provide our clients real-time information and access to experienced local counsel in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Additionally, our government and legislative affairs practice group understand political sensitivities and are involved with both major political parties. Our ability to quickly review pending legislation and prepare necessary amendments and corresponding position memoranda enables us to build consensus and to lead diverse coalitions in the passage of or defeat of targeted legislation. Kegler Brown attorneys often testify before committees in the Ohio legislature, other state legislatures, the U.S. Congress and other federal agencies.
At Kegler Brown, delivering the results that further the mission of your organization is the only means by which we measure our success. This demands that we never lose sight of the fact that our first order of business is knowing yours.