As director-in-charge of the firm’s Cleveland office, Jamie Pingor focuses his practice on intellectual property matters with a specific specialty on patent preparation, prosecution, procurement and litigation. His skills also extend to patent portfolio development, intellectual property risk management, patent and trademark infringement analysis, enforcement and defense, validity and enforcement issues, patentability analysis, freedom-to-operate analysis, innovation ideation, trademark procurement, and copyright and licensing matters. Jamie joined the firm in 2010.
Regularly working with manufacturers, health care businesses, software developers, financial institutions, universities, technology transfer offices, research and development centers and small and medium-sized enterprises, Jamie’s representative clients include organizations of all sizes and sophistication, from solo inventors to the Fortune 100 elite. Jamie maintains a specific focus on representing innovative tech companies worldwide.
Jamie’s patent procurement experience is complemented by considerable experience negotiating agreements that involve intellectual property. These transactional matters include asset purchase and strategic alliance agreements, sponsored research agreements, joint development agreements, confidentiality agreements, co-existence agreements and technology license agreements among others.
Jamie maintains a great deal of experience in representing clients in all forms of patent litigation. This experience includes patent enforcement, patent infringement defense, trademark litigation and procurement, copyright and negotiation of a variety of licenses and agreements that involve intellectual property.
- Emerging Businesses
- Global Business
- Health Care
- IP Strategy + Consulting
- Mergers + Acquisitions
- Capital University Law School (J.D., 1998)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.S., 1988)
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), member
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association (CIPLA), member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (CMBA), member
- International Trademark Association (INTA), member
- Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA), member
- Honored by Chambers USA for expertise in Intellectual Property
Prior to practicing law, as an electrical engineer, Jamie held various positions in the electric utility industry while working for the Asea Brown Boveri (ABB) Company (formerly, the Westinghouse Electric Company).