Lloyd focuses his practice on government affairs and civil litigation, advocating for clients before state and local government bodies. He joined Kegler Brown in 2013 after spending 15 years in both private and public practice.
Government + Legislative Affairs
Lloyd provides lobbying and public policy advocacy for clients’ interests before the state legislature and executive agencies. Over the past two biennial legislative sessions, Lloyd’s efforts have resulted in multiple bills and amendments passed and signed by the Governor, and administrative rules have been amended or withdrawn in areas that include local government, public housing, commercial activity, gaming and healthcare. His comprehensive and strategic approach to government affairs includes effective presentations to client boards, executives and governmental commissions on political trends, active monitoring of legislative and administrative activities, and proactive approaches to public policy agenda-setting.
Before joining Kegler Brown, he served as the top lawyer to the Speaker of Ohio House of Representatives, majority caucus members and chief administrator, overseeing House employment matters, outside litigation, ethics compliance for the majority caucus and policy staff matters for several legislative committees.
Lloyd’s litigation experience includes all phases of administrative appeals for licensees facing state action, redistricting cases based on both state and federal law and other types of civil matters.
- Government Affairs
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1997)
- Clark University (B.A., 1994)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Ohio Lobbying Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Capitol Square Foundation, board member
- Walk with a Doc, Inc., board member
- Leadership Columbus, former fellow
- African-American Leadership Academy, past advisory board member