Our lawyers assist physician groups and other health care professionals that practice in a variety of settings, including in private practice, federally qualified health centers, hospitals, clinics and ambulatory surgical centers. Our focus is on helping to ease the legal and regulatory burdens on physicians and ancillary care providers so that they can focus on delivering quality health care services for their patients. We regularly work with clients in addressing issues related to contracting, third-party payer contracts and audits, fraud and abuse cases, Stark and anti-kickback laws, HIPAA and privacy concerns, and regulatory and licensing issues.
Because the needs of medical professionals are so unique, we maintain a tailored practice devoted to supporting their legal needs. These services include:
- Contract issues: drafting, review and negotiation; physician employment contracts; third-party payer contracts
- Stark/anti-kickback/fraud and abuse: reviewing proposed joint ventures and other business arrangements within practice groups and between practice groups and hospitals
- HIPAA and privacy: best practices; compliance with federal and state guidelines; records maintenance and disposal
- Affordable Care Act compliance: business associate agreements; policy creation; employment disputes and classification issues
- Regulatory issues: licensing; compliance with federal guidelines
The services we provide in this area are customized to fit the needs of medical professionals throughout all disciplines of health care. From physicians and surgical groups to health industry executives, our firm represents clients in all areas of health and wellness.