Bill joined Kegler Brown in 2016, primarily practicing in the areas of oil and gas, and real estate, and bringing with him years of experience with complex title due diligence in multimillion-dollar asset acquisition efforts. In addition to providing efficient and effective legal counsel to his oil and gas clients, Bill also works with the firm’s environmental practice and is a regular contributor to the firm’s energy blog, Ohio Energy + Environment.
Oil + Gas
Bill provides guidance to oil and gas producers and developers for a variety of their needs. He has spent the last few years travelling the state performing tasks ranging from lease verification to drill site abstracting, and recommending curative measures at each step of the process. Bill is also particularly adept with navigating the complicated title related to held by production leases. Subsequently, he has developed significant experience in areas involving the transfer and retention of mineral rights and analysis of title to oil and gas interests, as well as the ability to explain complex topics in a clear and easy-to-understand manner.
With title experience in Ohio, Kentucky, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Wyoming, Bill is able to provide valuable counsel to companies in the energy industry regarding the conveyance and reservation of mineral interests and the curing of title defects. In addition, he is an experienced negotiator of real property agreements involving the development, transportation and utilization of natural resources, including leases, amendments, ratifications, and rights-of-way. His practice also includes leasing related to the various needs of wireless telecommunications companies.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 2008)
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Ohio Oil and Gas Association, member
- Energy and Mineral Law Foundation, member
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Founding Board Member of American Energy Heroes: the first ever national 501(c)(3) focused on benefitting individuals and families affected by accidents occurring in the pursuit of energy exploration and production, 2015