Feheley practices primarily in the labor and employment law area, focusing on the representation of management in all aspects of labor and employee relations law. Larry chairs the firm’s Labor + Employee Relations practice area; he joined Kegler Brown in 1972.
Employee Relations Advice
Larry advises clients regarding personnel issues, including hiring and firing lawfully, FMLA compliance, drug and alcohol testing, Fair Labor Standards Act compliance, and government contracting. He also has extensive experience in the development and preparation of employment agreements, employee handbooks, confidentiality and non-compete agreements, affirmative action plans, separation agreements and releases, and independent contractor agreements.
Larry also practices in the firm’s litigation area, in which he represents employers with issues such as the defense of all forms of discrimination and wrongful termination claims, OSHA citations, FMLA claims, and individual and collective action wage-hour claims. He also represents clients in initiating non-compete and trade secret litigation and in responding to EEOC, OCRC and state agency discrimination charges.
Another aspect of Larry’s practice is the representation of management as it relates to union-related issues. He is skilled in matters regarding structuring responses to union organizational attempts, collective bargaining negotiations, grievances, arbitration and more.
- Cornell University Law School (J.D., 1973)
- With Distinction; Order of the Coif
- Cornell University (B.A., 1969)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Franklin University, Legal Aspects of Human Resource Management, former adjunct professor
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, pro bono mediator
- Selected as the 2013 “Lawyer of the Year” in Columbus in the area of Management Employment Law by The Best Lawyers in America®
- Honored by Chambers USA for expertise in Labor + Employment
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating of AV
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- Recognized as an Ohio Super Lawyer® by Law & Politics magazine
- Recognized as a “Top 100 attorney” in Ohio and a “Top 50 attorney” in Columbus by Law & Politics magazine
- Recognized in Columbus Business First’s the Verdict as an outstanding litigator
- Election as a Fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Ohio Management Lawyers Association membership
- Induction into the Society of Outstanding Lawyers in America
- Membership on the OSBA Labor and Employment Law Section’s Board of Governors (emeritus)