Lorraine focuses her practice in the areas of intellectual property litigation and prosecution, both domestic and international. She has considerable experience advising clients on patent strategy, preparing and prosecuting patents, drafting appeal briefs for patent and trademark cases, and negotiating and revising settlement license agreements. Her experience also includes assisting clients with product labeling requirements, social media policies, and advertising agreements. Lorraine also has a noteworthy background in chemistry, having worked in the pharmaceutical industry as an analytical chemist in quality control and research and development.
Lorraine’s extensive knowledge in counseling clients in all aspects of IP law includes experience in patent and trademark infringement analysis, copyright and licensing matters, patent portfolio development, intellectual property risk management, and trademark procurement.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2012)
- The Ohio State University (M.S., Chemistry, 2006)
- University of Puerto Rico (B.S., Chemistry, 2001)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- International Trademark Association, member
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- OSUCCC – James, The James Ambassadors Society, member
- Flying Horse Farms, Development Committee Member