Kailee practices primarily in the areas of litigation and labor and employee relations but also advises clients on issues relating to professional responsibility and attorney discipline. She joined Kegler Brown in 2012.
Labor + Employee Relations
Kailee advises clients in all areas of labor and employment law. Kailee offers practical counseling designed to prevent disruptive employment disputes and increase workplace efficiency.
Kailee works to understand the specific needs and goals of each business to give tailored advice on how to comply with the various and ever-changing laws and regulations affecting employers. She counsels clients through personnel issues, including hiring and firing lawfully, and offers individualized advice on compliance with laws such as the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), discrimination claims (Title VII, ADEA, ADA), and the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). She also has experience in the development and preparation of employment agreements, employee handbooks, confidentiality and non-compete agreements, and separation agreements and releases to help businesses effectively protect their interests.
Kailee uses her litigation experience to put clients in the best possible position should litigation arise. She advises clients with long-term implications in mind. She represents employers in state and federal courts in the areas of discrimination, wrongful discharge, breaches of employment contracts, wage and hour issues, as well as other state and federal employment issues.
Kailee counsels clients on all aspects of commercial litigation in both state and federal court. She represents clients in a wide variety of business disputes including trademark, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty actions. She works to resolve litigation in an efficient manner with the clients’ business objectives in mind.
Kailee also specializes in advising attorneys through ethics and professionalism issues or disputes. She writes for OhioLegalEthics.com, and has specifically presented on issues relating to establishing a presence online.
- Banking + Lending
- Employee Relations
- IP Strategy + Consulting
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2012)
- West Virginia University (B.A., 2007)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Council, member
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association, member
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County, member
- Note Editor, Ohio State Law Journal (2011-2012)
- Received the Ohio State Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Section Award (2012)
- Received the Ernest Karam Book Award for Excellence in Legal Research and Writing
- Received the Ohio State Law Journal Past Editors’ Award (2012)
- West Virginia University: Most Outstanding All Around Student Athlete (2007)