As the business of higher education continues to grow, it becomes an increasingly competitive and complex field. The global business team at Kegler Brown works with premier educational institutions throughout the country, helping them to navigate through multifaceted international transaction experiences. We assist our clients in addressing all of the legal and tax issues at play, working with colleges, universities, vocational schools and educational research organizations on creating and executing their new market strategies, education support services and student recruitment initiatives.
Because of our extensive experience in leading cross-border transactions, institutions of higher education from across the U.S. seek our assistance with their global operations.
- New market entry strategies
- Educational franchising
- Twinning arrangements
- Educational support services
- Distance learning arrangements
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances with foreign universities
- Regulatory compliance and education funding issues
- Addressing cultural implications
- Employment law and faculty/expatriate issues
- Real estate counseling
- Tax counseling
- Risk management
- Shared services delivery strategies
We assist public and private colleges and universities of all sizes - from those with 1,000 students to those with more than 60,000. Many of our clients have existing international operations or projects and are looking to expand, while others are exploring the global market for the first time. Key clients include:
- A large public university: assisting in its entry strategy for new markets and the related tax and legal issues involved in setting up educational operations overseas
- A medium-sized private university: assisting with strategic alliances and joint ventures that complement its emerging market strategy
- A medium-sized public university: assisting in creating an entry strategy for new markets and the related tax, contractual and legal issues
- A medium-sized public university: assisting with entry strategies and implementation of strategic alliances and joint ventures throughout the Middle East
For more information on our global education services, please contact Vinita Bahri-Mehra.