Our relationships transcend the typical attorney-client dynamic. Our lawyers become an integral part of a business’s strategic planning and risk management teams, working hand-in-hand with management to grow your business. We partner with our clients to ensure that legal relationships are aligned with their business goals, working together closely to establish standard operating procedures that will address the everyday risk involved with managing a business. Each step of the way, we’ll weigh the potential costs and benefits of each prospective approach and action – whether it involves developing and implementing strategies for commercial agreements, managing employment and benefits risks, or analyzing and evaluating insurance plans.
We are comfortable operating in industries with long-standing market practices, but we also focus on emerging industries that need a more tailored approach to risk management and resource allocation. For each of our clients, we take a customized, practical approach to risk management, while keeping the company's strategic goals in perspective.
- Entity structuring: aiding in entity selection; structuring to minimize risk and owner liability
- Commercial agreements: coordinating risk profiles for suppliers and customers, including impacting factors like raw material costs, term lockups, and tooling access and ownership
- Global project management: devising solutions for the unique and complicated risks that apply in diverse global markets, while utilizing the local intelligence of our alliance lawyers to implement the chosen strategies to grow your business in markets worldwide
- Licensing agreements: developing strategies for inbound and outbound licensing of IP, including patents, marks, copyrights, processes, branding and know-how; preparing and negotiating inbound and outbound licenses and sublicenses to use, produce, reproduce, or market services or goods incorporating or relating to IP
- IP analysis and risk assessment: analysis of IP platforms; preparation of IP protection strategies; inbound and outbound licensing preparation; comprehensive IP audits
- Standard operating procedures: creating processes for managing your internal and external business needs while incorporating “best practices” into financial, commercial, IP and human resource platforms; conducting executive and administrative staff training for the purpose of implementing best practices
- Employment and benefit risk: drafting and reviewing employment policies and procedures; drafting employment contracts and independent contractor contracts; advice regarding implementation of polices and compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding the workplace; defending employers against administrative and judicial actions alleging violations of employment laws
Our risk management clients range in size from pre-seed start-ups to mid-sized public and private entities, including Commercial Vehicle Group and the inVentiv Health family of companies. We advise clients across a number of industries, but our service always focuses on the unique opportunities, risk factors and cost structures that affect each specific client need and goal.
Key Client Types:
- Start-ups: all-inclusive advice for early growth-stage businesses
- Mid-sized manufacturers and distributors: managing sourcing and marketing agreements
- Software and tech companies: IP platform analysis, licensing preparation
- Service industries